APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: FCP Legacy FCPX FCPX Techniques FCP Tutorials Basics Forum Podcast

Re: Extremely Detailed Review of the rMBP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paul DickinRe: Extremely Detailed Review of the rMBP
by on Jun 23, 2012 at 4:32:42 pm

Fascinating stuff!
As to 'later in 2012", this from page 8:
"Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge were both good steps for Intel, but Haswell and Broadwell are the designs that Apple truly wanted."

That led me to:
"Haswell's AVX2 integer support is particularly useful for processing visual data commonly encountered in consumer imaging and video processing workloads."

"In addition, it will support OpenGL 3.2 and OpenCL 1.2, which will improve performance in certain general purpose computing on graphics processing units (GPGPU) supported applications. The iGPU will feature new Auto-Stereoscopic 3D (AS3D), which will provide 3D support that is typically only available through the use of discrete GPUs. It will support up to three independent displays: HDMI 1.4, DVI, Display Port, VGA."

I also found a page (which I've lost the link to) discussing Intel's strategy to get its next-gen IGP graphics 'certified' for applications like Nuke which now run need to run on nVidia Quadra-type external graphics cards...

Seems a lot is 'going on' for delivery 'later in 2013' ;-)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2016 All Rights Reserved