APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Apple's Crusade

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glen Hurd
Apple's Crusade
on Jun 12, 2012 at 7:30:55 pm

A couple of links.

Apple Really Is Going To Try To Kill Google - Business Insider

Google, Apple Battle Over ‘SoLoMo’ - Tech Europe - WSJ

To sum up, Jobs started a grudge match with Google, and that's the primary focus for Apple right now. It involves several strategies - 1) kill the need for web search - replacing Google search with mobile apps that offer superior results. 2) create a commercial dependence for businesses on Apple's mobile apps that not only replace loyalty cards but offer easier payment methods in general - not to mention much more effective advertising (iPhone nudges you every time you pass within a certain distance of Starbucks - for instance).

This, to me, explains so much about where Apple's head is at. Apple used to be computer-centric. It used to play at being the Siren for the creative folk. But, right now, it's distracted by an epic battle fueled by revenge, power, and even more wealth. We're not small potatoes. We're smaller. If you rolled our importance to Apple up into a ball, and rolled it down the edge of a razor blade, it would look like a BB bouncing down a 10-lane freeway!

Ironically, I don't despise them. That's life - I see the strategy.
Who's going to sell shovels when they can own whole financial systems? They're going from being the underpinning to an ecosystem that helped editors get their work done to an ecosystem by which all trade depends! Talk about scaling up!
Apple could be fighting for the way we even think of banks. (If you doubt me, just wait a few years.)

Shovels on aisle 3, ram on aisle 5, if you like our brand, buy a cute iMac at the front - just pay with your app at the checkout. Oh, and we love the professionals . . . just keep in mind . . . you're not in Kansas anymore.

Next!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]