APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: FCP Legacy FCPX FCPX Techniques FCP Tutorials Basics Forum Podcast

Re: Thank you Apple - and don't change course. Please

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott SheriffRe: Thank you Apple - and don't change course. Please
by on May 12, 2012 at 9:01:32 pm

[Mike Stevenson] "Or are you just scared that X is making 15 year old skateboarders edit circles around you on their macbook airs while popping kick flips."

So you freely admit that X is the playground of 15 year old skateboarders, and use it to pursue your argument.

[Mike Stevenson] "edit circles around you on their macbook airs"

I doubt anyone will be doing that on a machine that doesn't have any I/O, much less a 15 year old skateboarder.

[Mike Stevenson] "wall of text...stuck in a dingy basement with 10 of your avid buddies cutting the next episode of the real world - who's the real winner."

That would be 10 of my Avid buddies cutting the next episode of the Real World. How much do you think they make a year doing that? How much does your mythical skateboarder make on his 'documentary'?
I noticed in this scenario your 15 year old skateboarder can't get hired to do any paid editing. I wonder why?

If you think the same tired old handheld, low angle, slomo, rail grinding shots with a ton of meaningless free plugins and light leaks on every shot, that looks like every other of the millions of copycat skateboarder/snowboarder videos posted to YT is somehow edgy, fresh or in any way "editing circles" around any of us, you are sadly misinformed.

Scott Sheriff

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Where were you on 6/21?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2016 All Rights Reserved