APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: BBC switch to Premiere?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ronald Lindeboom
Re: BBC switch to Premiere?
on Apr 25, 2012 at 2:01:47 pm

[Greg Andonian] "It seems really bizarre to me that after all the time that has passed since this story was first made public, the only thing anyone knows regarding Premiere Pro at the BBC is that the BBC bought over a thousand copies of Premiere Pro. Aside from that the only thing that's been said about this is what they "might" be using it for. This whole thing is starting to sound like a story on Unsolved Mysteries or something."

I find absolutely NOTHING about it odd.

Companies like the BBC make it a matter of policy to not allow their people to either directly or indirectly endorse a product. In fact I have heard of people dismissed because they violated policy in these kinds of matters.

Why?

I was on a phonecall just last week with a company trying to get them to do a story with us for the magazine and the production team were gung ho but they couldn't get clearance from the suits to do it. The reason they were given was that they "do not wish to lose any leverage they have in negotiating for a better price in the future."

Many of the largest companies -- companies like Disney, for example -- will refuse to clear projects for publication that include stories about the gear and equipment and software used. They believe that the end product is the story, not how they got there.

When I first heard the story about the BBC and Adobe Premiere Pro I didn't think for a second that we'd get the story. We didn't even bother trying. We have been down that road many times. Most lead to a dead end. The bigger and more storied the company, the greater chance of a dead end.

My advice: don't hold your breath waiting for information about software used, etc., from companies like the Beeb.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those that matter, don't mind -- and those that mind, don't matter." - Dr. Seuss

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]