APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?
on Apr 4, 2012 at 6:23:11 pm

[Oliver Peters] "The stupid part is that FCP 7 with FC Server works (worked) EXACTLY that way."

Yep,

And too bad Legacy was welded on to Quicktime - was based on a largely flat-file underpinning - and likely had significant pieces of licensed code peppered throughout it - all of which Apple dumped in the transition to X.

A lot of people would have been very happy if Apple could have simultaneously saved everything while simultanesouly re-building everything in a new and more modern expression.

But providing such absolutely mutually contradictory things at the exact same time is the stuff of dreams, not real-world software development, I'm afraid.

So certain users have lost a whole lot of good - in exchange for the as yet unfulfilled promise of better.

You label it "stupid" and I understand that.

I label it "risky" but also quite possibly "transformative." And I personally like new ideas a whole lot better than I liked the old ones.

There are times for "safe" and times for "bold." Since the new X works well for me already - I like that they took these chances to provide me with an alternative choice.

It's more fun this way!

FWIW.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]