APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?
on Apr 4, 2012 at 4:32:38 pm

[Herb Sevush] "Which, among other things, is what helps explain their enduring preeminence in the video industry. When I see the Canon logo on a video camera, as opposed to the lens, I know it's a big time production."

Totally.

Here's an example of a modern "reel number". This number connects directly to a file, regardless of physical disk location. FCPX does this with it's own unique ID system, but with tapeless media, it seems it should use the wealth of info that's already available in most professional file formats, of which Canon does not have, and don't get me started on all of that. What a reel number does is point a person or computer to a physical medium. In the case of digital files, the physical medium is intangible for us humans and can also move dynamically. This number is computerrific as it can point directly to a file through a search regardless of directory or location on the disk. Who needs bins and folders? ;)

themodernreel.png

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]