APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Soyka
Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?
on Apr 3, 2012 at 10:39:08 pm

[Bill Davis] "I don't want them to stop development of editorial to make better systems for the large scope data needs of the few - before they get more and better capabilities in the primary functions. It's a delicate balance for any developer - providing features for multiple constituencies."

My question is this: to what degree do the features we see today give us a window into FCPX's underlying architecture? If you over-engineer, your product will be flexible but will never ship. If you under-engineer, you can ship faster, but you'll tie your hands for future development.

I have no idea where on that spectrum FCPX lies. Maybe it'll be relatively simple for Apple to add the functionality we're all looking for. On the other hand, maybe they never intended FCPX to be suited for some of those "big" needs and would need to seriously rework the internals to accommodate them. A third option: maybe it would be easy to add features, but will offer Apple too little ROI on the development. I guess we'll find out eventually, right?

[Bill Davis] "Hey, are you going to NAB? If so, I'd love to try to shoe horn in time for a sit down drink. I've enjoyed our discussions so much that I feel I own you at least one!"

I'll be there. Maybe we can get an FCPX or Not forum mini-meet going? Anybody else going and interested?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]