APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?
on Apr 3, 2012 at 10:28:10 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "Now 4k and 3D are coming down the pipe and they will be a chore to handle.
"

I'm the contrarian here often, but I'm not convinced that 3D is ever going to be much more than a solution looking for a problem in the reasonable future.

Some day it may well rock in fascinating areas like viraual surgical training and absolutely in immersive gaming. But as a passive entertainment medium I have my doubts. It's just not that much "more" satisfying than the current state of 2D TV quality for most users in most cases.

4k makes sense in the same way DSLRs make sense for photography because if you're going to all the hassle and expense of producing content, why not capture more data and future proof your content by capturing "retina display" friendly rasters now.

But 3D?

Not really interested at this time and a bit worried that it might well be the "quadraphonic sound" of this generation.

But I could be totally wrong here, and a part of me hopes I am.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]