APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?
on Apr 3, 2012 at 10:15:39 pm

[Walter Soyka] "I think this is true, but Apple needs to push very, very hard to make sure that the tools they're providing for data handling are as suitable to the task as the tools for image manipulation.

If metadata is going to be a true advantage for Apple and for FCPX in ongoing projects versus one-offs, they must really innovate that toolset."

As is often the case, Walter - this is another area where we largely agree.

I truly appreciate your orientation. It's important for all of us coming from "ground up" use profiles (as opposed to large shop experience) to come to better understand this stuff.

But it's also critical, IMO, that Apple not spend so much initial time getting the plumbing perfected that they ignore the editing engine itself in the process.

So far, the bulk of the early development work in X has been split. Roles was largely data centric - while multicam leaned toward editorial - even if both were fundamentally just more metadata capabilities like everything in X.

I don't want them to stop development of editorial to make better systems for the large scope data needs of the few - before they get more and better capabilities in the primary functions.

It's a delicate balance for any developer - providing features for multiple constituencies.

Hey, are you going to NAB? If so, I'd love to try to shoe horn in time for a sit down drink. I've enjoyed our discussions so much that I feel I own you at least one!

Let me know.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]