APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Hancock
Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?
on Apr 3, 2012 at 7:32:11 pm

[Bill Davis] "That's NOT how X is designed, Richard. What you're describing is how Legacy was designed.
"

Then it's poor design. Avid media is handled by a database too, and it can generate detailed reports of your sequence and bins showing you where that footage lives. What's the point of having a database with all of this information being tracked by the software if it's being held hostage by that same software? This is exactly what these databases are good for - tracking assets and giving that information to the editor.

[Bill Davis] "So hopefully "where's that clip so I can link to it" will be completely unnecessary in the future X is building towards - because it will always be right where it's always been - connected to your editing system. "

So all projects have to be online all the time? Even for a one man shop that's silly. When I was the only production guy at a small ad agency I would work on 20+ clients in a year, complete hundreds of commercials/videos, and generate terabytes of footage. Having to keep all of that online all the time because my software won't share information with me isn't good. This should be addressed by Apple. It's a reasonable and logical feature request.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]