APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?
on Apr 2, 2012 at 8:55:57 pm

X does things a bit more "visually"

Here's a pair of screen shots of the Event Browser in action. In the first shot, the selection is the entire event library - giving me scrolling clip access to the 170 scenes in this project. In the second, I've just clicked on "Entertainment"as a keyword collection (upper left display) - which brings up every instance of every range where I've attached Entertainment as a keyword. Across all events.

It's instant. Visual. and useful since I can further "sub range" anything I like and add or remove new keywords right from here as the spirit moves me.

The point of X is largely that the database is constantly "live" and key wording by clip, OR by range, using individual or multiple keywords over any and all range selections is pretty dynamic.

As someone who finds visual info often superior to plain text at least in editing contexts. (I've got a lot of scenes with firetrucks - which is the one I want?) I like the way X does this a lot.

FWIW.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]