APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Range-based keywording: unique to FCP X?
on Apr 2, 2012 at 6:35:14 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] " Some will say that iMovie does this, and I would say it does some version of it, but they are different in how they accomplish the same methodology. iMovie is the concept, FCPX takes it a step further."

Being probably the "some" referred to here, I would say that keywording does not strictly speaking exist in iMovie but the concept of favoriting ranges was well established.

The point I was making to which you are referring here is that it's not a major step at all to go from range based favorites to some kind of keyword tagging of them that you can then search. The difficult and innovative bit was the sticky range based selections - the easy bit (well, what do I know, I'm guessing here) was to add on a bit of extra database sifting - as in assigning a searchable tag to those favorite ranges.

I really don't think we should be getting that excited about some simple database functions here in the second decade of the 21st century. The part that iMovie had already achieved, now that was cool. (And let's not forget that iMovie has long been doing its own ultra clever hidden database management with its grouping and sorting of automatically detected shot types. Now that's very cool indeed.)

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]