APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: FCP Legacy FCPX FCPX Techniques FCP Tutorials Basics Forum Podcast

Re: FCPX from an Editor who used it on Iditarod 2012

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: FCPX from an Editor who used it on Iditarod 2012
by on Mar 28, 2012 at 6:49:28 pm

[Jim Giberti] "Right, but I don't think it's just me...why did 1.0.3 go the other way with performance?

I was becoming a big fan, warts and all, because of performance and features, but I'm convinced that they made a boo boo with the update."

So many beach balls for me as well. Notice his comments on using the Izotrope AU plugin. Obviously they made a change that impacted performance in ways they probably didn't vet throughly. I think this is part of the "hurry up" schedule they're on which seems to be at around 12 weeks for each release give or take.

I don't doubt Apple is acutely aware of the flaws in their QC process but they're also aware of what a slower rate of change would do. It's a risk benefit analysis I suspect they've made. I suspect they'll be bumps throughout the rest of this year as they try to push things out quickly. I suspect at some point they're going to do a reconnoiter and do a major issue focused release (like 10.0.2 was but more extensive) but it'll mean little movement in the feature set at that point. I think they're juggling a bit, much like the guy on the Ed Sullivan show with all the plates and some of the plates are falling. I do think they'll addresses them along the way.

I know we want everything and we want it now but their real world development is prioritizing things with their secret formula.

Posts IndexRead Thread

Current Message Thread:

© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]