APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: FCP Legacy FCPX FCPX Techniques FCP Tutorials Basics Forum Podcast

Re: FCPX or Not...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard HerdRe: FCPX or Not...
by on Mar 20, 2012 at 6:12:31 pm

[Andy Field] "the rest of us have work to accomplish with tools that do what we need."

I'd add one more to your list: ...with tools that do what we need "and that we know how to use." That's a major problem, having to relearn what you already know how to do. The precision editor does a fine job of matching eyelines, btw. granted apple's thumbnail sample image is silly. It should be either matching singles or CU to MS.

But wait, there's more silliness: they might not use the word "tracks," and they are all big on this being a "trackless" system, but (shhh don't tell anyone) they actually use tracks. Right click the audio: Make it the primary and wallah it behaves like a track, but you just can't call it a track. Jim had a clever way to work that I've incorporated: you connect the audio to a piece of slug (dang!) I mean "gap clip." And the audio track (dang!) I mean "primary audio only media" is a non-moveable tra--. There I caught myself. It'''s... I'm at a loss for nomenclature, here.

The only update I'm waiting for is to color code "roles." In other words, I want all my dialogue to be Blue and my score to be Red. All is currently green.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2016 All Rights Reserved