APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX on multiple computers?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: FCPX on multiple computers?
on Mar 16, 2012 at 9:21:09 pm

[Phil Hoppes] "The letter literally ended with "This is your lucky day, enjoy".
"

I was at a meeting last night with a business group and one of the topics under discussion was that with the proliferation of web commerce presenting nearly unlimited choice to consumers and business to business transactions, one aspect of modern practice is that at a certain point of success - the key to customer maintenance is to become as "frictionless" a supplier as possible.

I love that term - "frictionless" - it's a great new business mindset.

I think Apple understands this - at least in their largest and most profitable market segment - consumer sales.

Going back years, I've seen this same pattern again and again from Apple.

Years backI had a problem with a serial number on one of the upgrades to Final Cut Suite - and they simply sent me a new boxed product, ($1000 at the time) and when I asked if they wanted me to ship the old one back to ensure I wasn't trying to "double dip" - there was a long silence on the line.

In hindsight I can see that dealing with the return of open box software was probably going to cost Apple real money - and gain them nothing in return - so other than perhaps noting my old serial number as "inactive" - I can't imagine they really cared about "the return" at all.

In the modern sense, the real "value" is being registered in the system as an "official owner" since that in itself makes you eligible for the upgrade discounts in the future. That's a "relationship driver" for the company.

And for the company - the value of the relationship with the consumer is everything.

The tangible value of any delivered product - at least in software - is marginal and usually rapidly approaching extinction.

FWIW.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]