APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX on multiple computers?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Phil Hoppes
Re: FCPX on multiple computers?
on Mar 16, 2012 at 6:29:52 pm

You should be logged into the App store with your Apple ID. Open the App store application and go to the purchases tab. You should be able to simply click install on the apps you purchased and it will install.

Now..... If you happen to be like me, and I actually purchased FCPX the day it was released. I decided after a week it was not for me and Apple said they would offer refunds. I took them up on the offer and they did refund my $299. I'm an honest person and I did delete FCPX from my MBP. Now, fast forward about 2 months and I decided I had probably been too rushed with my judgement and decided I really wanted FCPX. I went to the App store and clicked to purchase FCPX again. Low and behold AFTER I clicked the buy button the app store came back and said I was due a free upgrade and proceeded to download to my MBP. I thought, well this is cool but I do pay for what I use. I did not know why it was downloading and I assumed there was some hidden residual file somewhere on my MBP tell the app store I had purchased FCPX. I knew my wife was getting a brand new iMac in a month so I figured, well, when she gets that, I will actually rebuy it then. Her new iMac arrives and I go to purchase FPCX and boom, again it says I have a new download and proceeds to install on my wife's brand new clean iMac. Ok so now I have no idea what is going on so I write Apple support and explain that I appreciate the free software but I really don't believe in ripping people off and wanted to pay them for it and have it actually show on my registrations (FCPX, Motion5 and Compressor 4 do not show up under my Apple ID as actually been purchased). I received a very nice letter from Apple support basically explaining to me that once an item has been purchased from the App store and monies returned they have no way in their accounting system to allow that item to be purchased again. The letter literally ended with "This is your lucky day, enjoy".

As a former geek I have to laugh as what is probably going on here is whom ever set up their order entry management system never set the tables up with a one to many relationship for items to be purchased. There is no way in their tables to account for this. $100B in the bank and you can't deal with refunds??? Wow. Oh well. I tried, I really did.

So if you purchased FCPX, got a refund, and now you want to install again, click on the buy button and you will actually get a download prompt. On apps you have purchased from the app store you are allowed 5 installs.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]