APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Is there only one professional?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chi-Ho Lee
Is there only one professional?
on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:54:16 pm

I myself work in the broadcast field and I too find it very disappointing that features that I need are missing from this release. But have you read Gary Adcock's article? He outlines certain frameworks that he thinks are game changers. If you have any respect for Gary's experience or knowledge, than maybe you'll see what elements may be game changers. You should also read Gary's comment about "Not for Professionals?"

I know plenty of people who make a living (some of them make a very decent living) editing and don't need EDL, XML, OMF exports, tape captures, tape layouts, multicam. The point is, there is still an elitist attitude that unless you're making content for TV or theatres, you're not professional.

Plenty of Wedding Videographers/Editors deliver many more hours of content in one year than I deliver broadcast content. To me, they're professionals. This version would suit them very well. It doesn't suit me very well right now, but it wouldn't say it's not for "Pros."

And Gary Adcock is not a fanboy and neither am I. But I am respectful enough to not crap on other people's jobs and careers.

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Trainer
http://www.chiholee.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]