APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 'New Coke' syndrome

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Sheriff
Re: 'New Coke' syndrome
on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:48:00 pm

[Scott Douglas] "I still don't understand why I'm seeing posts from people wondering what they'll tell their clients now that Apple hasn't 'come through for them'."

IMO
I think this is because of the proliferation of h.264 in acquisition. A lot of folks are coming in the door with this, and it has to be transcoded to ProRes. So hearing that this isn't an issue for the new version might mean better relations with those clients/users, less time/money spent transcoding, yadah-yadah. Great, who wouldn't want that? Now if you have to trade a bunch of other functionality you need to get that feature. So what do you tell the clients if they have h.264 material, and are expecting the new no transcode workflow, but then want to send the audio to a Pro Tools guy, or footage to a colorist, or print to tape?

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.
You should be suitably impressed...

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]