APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Small jobs and big jobs with FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Olly Lawer
Re: Small jobs and big jobs with FCPX
on Mar 5, 2012 at 6:37:38 pm

Just a thought on managing larger projects.

I see that FCPX creates and pulls in Events and Projects from two designated folders in the Movie folder (in Lion at least anyway).

After playing around with it for a bit and following some tutorials with some pre-made Events and Projects, I noticed that FCPX slowed down somewhat.

I couldn't see any easy way to load up FCPX without bringing in all the Events and Projects in that folder, so I created two new folders and pulled in the unwanted Events and Projects in finder.

Now when FCPX boots it is much quicker and only brings in the Events and Projects that remain in the two designated folders.

I'm thinking that, for larger projects at least, it could be an idea to create several Events and Projects as I think has been alluded to in this thread, and then pull them out of the default Event and Project folders essentially segmenting them off into different projects as I would with FCP 6.

Of course if all these Events and Projects need to come together to form a final edit, then it would simply be a case of pulling them back into the default folders so FCPX see's them when it loads up.

This seems like a slightly messy method of managing a large project, but one at least that may yield a better performance on FCPX.

Happy to hear other methods tho.

Olly Lawer

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]