APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Keith Pratt
Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??
on Apr 14, 2011 at 7:53:49 pm

Matthew Sonnenfeld: "2) Currently you are allowed to put one license of FCS3 on one desktop and one laptop using the same disc. Will you need to pay for this individually on each computer you put it on? i.e. a new licensing rules that effectively double the cost of FCPX and the other applications (should they still be forthcoming). How could this be remedied?"

The answer can be found in the App Store T&C. The gist is an individual can install an application on all computers they own. Businesses/educational institutions can buy it per computer (i.e. install on one Mac and let multiple members of staff use it) or per person (i.e. one member of staff can install it on all computers they use).

Matthew Sonnenfeld: "3) What if your computer crashes or it needs to be reinstalled for any reason? Will apple have a system to make this possible?"

You can re-download from the App Store whenever you want at the click of a button. The purchases you've made are attached to your ID, so it knows what you've bought and won't try to charge you.

Matthew Sonnenfeld: "I've lost hundreds of dollars worth of music because my computer crashed and apple doesn't let you re-download music that you've already purchased from the itunes store."

I've seen several people on forums say they've contacted Apple when their HDD has died, and in every case Apple has allowed them to re-download their purchases.

Matthew Sonnenfeld: "They seem to expect that you have Time Machine going and make it your responsibility to back up via hard drive (Which also may crash!), and if you don't have it, too bad."

I don't think they expect that. It's simply not their jurisdiction whether you back up or not.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]