APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Article about Performance in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dennis Radeke
Re: Article about Performance in FCPX
on Feb 15, 2012 at 2:58:26 pm

[Bret Williams] "On the same machine in Premiere Pro one layer of Pro Res starts to play, the apps appears to freeze, but no, it's just playback that doesn't work anymore, I try to see what the hell is going on and the app crashes as always and as expected. Just like every other version of premiere with Pro Res and a matrox on every other Mac I've ever tried."

I use ProRes all of the time with Premiere Pro. What version are you using? What kind of sequence settings, etc??

Also, while Matrox will work on FCP, Premiere Pro and Avid, I'd hesitate to say that the same driver will work the same with all three NLE's. That might also be a part of your problem.

At NAB last year, Premiere Pro CS5.5 was playing 3 streams of uncompressed, 10-bit QT files through a Blackmagic I/o box to an external monitor. The data rate of each 10-bit file was 162 MBytes/s. Given that, I think Premiere Pro can more than handle 6 streams of ProRes.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]