APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gabe Thorburn
Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??
on Apr 13, 2011 at 6:26:10 pm

What made FCP 1-7 great was the easy to use timeline. FCP copied Avid but made it much easier to move clips around, to trim in the timeline and was visually easy to look at. In the pressure to create something new and different, it seems Apple decided to re-invent the wheel.
The way the NLE works in the timeline is the heart of the program. If that changes, you've got a whole new program. From what I see, FCP X is a new application that is entirely different from the previous versions.

I wish they could've added all the new great features, change the GUI, the size of the buttons (things are too small in FCP classic) without messing with the timeline feel and functionality. I'm sure a lot of others feel the same way. This is what made FCP great to use.

Maybe FCP X will be just as good or even better to use when you sit down in front of it. Though why fix something that isn't broke and substitute one good thing for another? Hopefully any editor who has used FCP 1-7 will be able to have the same great intuitive experience with FCP X.

Apple, hopefully there is a way to be able to work in the timeline in 'classic mode' for FCP X.

I'm sure Apple is listening - send feedback through their website if there is something that doesn't appeal to you in FCP X.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]