Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Remaining enhancements

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: Remaining enhancements
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 8:09:12 pm

[Andy Neil] "I suspect any "second" monitor like the angle viewer will be only for specialized tasks and not as a basic clip viewer."

Given what they did with the Angle Viewer, I don't think it would be too far fetched to see a "Gang" feature since that's needed and I can't see another way around that.

I think what will also happen is better contextual use of the 2-up view.
For example, currently trimming by mouse calls the two up but if you trim by keyboard, no 2-up. That should change (one hopes). BTW FCP7 behaved that way as well but it was less critical because you had Viewer, Canvas.

I don't think Apple has much motive, given the GUI philosophy, to have an alway on Viewer Canvas. I do thing Gang and Contextual 2-up are viable though.

One way to look at it:
1) the need to see two things in motion such as Angle in Multicam and Gang.
2) the need to compare a changing point to a stationary point in time.

Apple's bifurcating the function that was always on Viewer Canvas for more contextual purpose.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]