APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

T. Payton
Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??
on Apr 13, 2011 at 4:16:42 pm

Great discussion.

I thought the new iMovie (8 and up) was junk too... until I started using it. It's a completely different animal than the current NLE timeline, it is made for editorial work. It lets you get your story organized and cut quickly. Last summer our shop actually starting offlineing with iMovie and then exporting to FCP for online and I can't imagine going back. We're arriving at a rough cut in less time by a factor of 2 times, if not more. (We mainly do corporate, somewhat complex interview driven pieces, with the typical B-roll, and occasional still).

I think what we saw last night was an introduction to the new way to edit. Now that tape based systems are only a memory, the new FCP is forging ahead and developing a better way to edit without the shackles of "linear" based editing.

Concerning the "advanced features" of FCP. I've got to believe they are all in there. I do hope that Color and Soundtrack Pro are just another "room" inside FCP X, as it is silly to have to roundtrip on every single project (at least that is how it is in our workflow).

BTW. If you want to mess with iMovie I strongly recommend watching some training, because it is a different way of working. The stuff on Lynda.com is excellent.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]