APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Vaughan
Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:23:07 pm

Part of me thinks that previous versions of FCP have been lagging heavily, and the "new" features that were offered really were a disappointment overall. For those who are forced to rely on secondary programs to achieve much better results for such a simple thing as text animation and graphical integration, FCP has merely been the tool to give a overall edit and provide markers. Apple has been very content the last few years to go after to iTunes/iPod/iPad/iPhone market, and has not devoted nearly as much toward the further development of their proapps suite. So we've really watched as companies such as Adobe and Avid and others have made leaps and bounds in overall development while Apple has released "updates" to a strong but simple editor.
Couple that in with the removal of their xserve and xraid (I don't argue that one), Apple has been eliminating its business mindset in favor of consumer/prosumer. Honestly, the FCP suite as a whole has become less dependent in my business overall while other vendors who are focused on developing their suites are taking over. I think the only thing I use in the suite now is FCP, and everything else is done much better by other programs. But that's just my opinion over why the pro's are losing out (in certain aspects) with Apple.
That being said, I do agree with you that we need to wait and actually see for ourselves what will be and will not be offered before rushing to judgement. I admit, though, mentioning iMovie in a presentation to pro's is probably not the best thing in the world to do....

Tim

Tim

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]