APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matthew Sonnenfeld
Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:06:11 pm

Question... does this mean that FCPX will be available on the app store ONLY or will it be possible to get a box and discs at all?

I'm asking this for three reasons...

1) The information stored on the discs for FCS3 is huge and download times over the internet for 50+ gigs of software and add-ons just sounds un practical and pathetically slow (not to mention if something happens to your internet and your download goes wrong?)

2) Currently you are allowed to put one license of FCS3 on one desktop and one laptop using the same disc. Will you need to pay for this individually on each computer you put it on? i.e. a new licensing rules that effectively double the cost of FCPX and the other applications (should they still be forthcoming). How could this be remedied?

3) What if your computer crashes or it needs to be reinstalled for any reason? Will apple have a system to make this possible?

Maybe these are all issues that have already come up in the app store and have already been resolved, but if it is anything like the itunes store, I'm scared. I've lost hundreds of dollars worth of music because my computer crashed and apple doesn't let you re-download music that you've already purchased from the itunes store. They seem to expect that you have Time Machine going and make it your responsibility to back up via hard drive (Which also may crash!), and if you don't have it, too bad.

I just don't like the feeling that hundreds of dollars worth of software isn't MINE, on my bookshelf, always there when/if I need it.

Panasonic HPX170 P
2008 Unibody Macbook Pro 15 inch, 2.8 Ghz, 4GB RAM
CalDigit VR
Final Cut Pro Studio 3
Avid Media Composer
The College of WIlliam and Mary

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]