APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: MacBreak Studio discussion on Avid and FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: MacBreak Studio discussion on Avid and FCPX
on Jan 27, 2012 at 10:15:55 pm

[Andy Field] "I've written to one of the two excellent instructors in that video at the top of this thread and urged them to make an AVID training video as the majority of FCP 7 editors couldn't continue working with X "

Uh...

So you're saying that "a majority" of the two MILLION paid FCP Legacy seats (and the untold unpaid ones) "couldn't continue working with X" and I call BS on that entire idea.

My take is that a significant piece of the top 100,000 of that two million editors "couldn't continue working with X."

But literally EVERYONE else can.

There are a range of "high level" facility needs where Legacy was capable that X is not yet equipped to satisfy.And yep, there are probably a dozen "negative" cases where X is totally the wrong tool to apply to the real world needs of some defined class of editors.

But I'm here to tell you that for the VAST majority of day to day editing needs, FCP-X works better than just fine. It works brilliantly.

If you don't want to explore, or adopt, or even take the time to understand it's capabilities - fine.

But don't make statements like the one above. It's false on it's face.

Probably ninty percent plus of standard video editing needs. (video stream digitization, cutting, scene-to-scene transitions, scene arrangement, audio editing, titling, cutaways, compositing, etc, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum - are totally within the capabilities of FCP-X right now, work dependably, reliably, and in a way that generates excellent output that will meet anyone's quality standards for professionally produced video.

A growing number of us are succeeding with it in professional production situations right now.

So your statement quoted above, fails. Period.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]