APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: MacBreak Studio discussion on Avid and FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Frank Gothmann
Re: MacBreak Studio discussion on Avid and FCPX
on Jan 26, 2012 at 1:21:53 am

[tony west] "1. They have a good product that people want and 2. they can give their software away because they make their money on COMPUTERS and Iphones and Ipads and Iwhatever the he-- else they want to kick butt with."

1. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Problem is that a lot of people's perception is that everything Apple is automatically brillant just because it bears the logo. Regardless of wether X is good, bad, getting there or whatever: if it had been a new app from an unknown company hitting the app store while, at the same time, Apple had released FCP 8... would anybody really have bothered? Would people have abandoned FCP8 for the new paradigm or even tried it out? After all, most other NLEs were either right under people's noses, either already installed or available as a trial (and I am not excluding myself here, I had PP for a long time and never bothered to take a closer look).

2. Very true. Which is the root of the problem. Because they can now afford to piss off niche markets without thinking twice about it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]