APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: MacBreak Studio discussion on Avid and FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

tony west
Re: MacBreak Studio discussion on Avid and FCPX
on Jan 26, 2012 at 12:10:26 am

[Chris Harlan] "what your point is"

I have had different points during this back and fourth because I have responded to your different points.

My original point was the same as what Steve said in that video.

Apple changed things in a big way by putting out a strong product (fcp) that people could afford.

More people jumped in.

Apple kept putting out products that were getting closer and closer to Avid but under cutting them with really low prices (like you just admitted) Forcing the prices down for more people to reach.

There wasn't enough difference in FCP and Avid to justify Avid charging thousands of dollars more, so they had to come down to meet Apple which made it cheaper for everybody to afford.

When I talked about Imovie, that was an example of apple changing the game because Avid had to give their product away for free. I got my first Avid free and I think that was a direct result of their response to Apple. They were afraid that people would go from their free imovie to fcp and never buy avid.
So they hoped by giving you their free avid that people might go to the real avid.

That brings us up to that video today.

I don't think that avid's product can separate it's self enough from fcp X to allow them to charge the price that they really want to charge. (not that 300)

Every software company has to come down to compete with Apple because

1. They have a good product that people want and 2. they can give their software away because they make their money on COMPUTERS and Iphones and Ipads and Iwhatever the he-- else they want to kick butt with.

I can't simplify it anymore than that for you.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]