APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jason Porthouse
Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??
on Apr 13, 2011 at 12:54:31 pm

I'm with the optimists on this one. From what I've seen the interface will radically ease some of the grind of programme making - as a largely documentary editor the keyframe view (of source material) and keyword ability will be enough for me alone. It's nice that they've gotten round to background rendering (my Fast Silver had it 8 years ago, but that was a hardware based system) and I'm truly looking forward to seeing what else it will do. $299 seems a fair price point when you take into account all the other suite series, remember this is just FCP so when Motion, Color et al (in whatever guise they are replaced) come along it may not seem so cheap.

A lot has been mentioned about the 'one screen' interface - do we know this is a limitation, or is it just for the convenience of the demo? Ditto with the lack of a viewer, but I've worked 'Murch' style with only one canvas window occasionally and it's never been an issue - it forces you to look at whatever monitor you have rather than the viewer/canvas combo. It seems the one viewer in the new interface switches automatically anyway - I think this is one of those 'wont miss the old way after a day' type UI developments.

At the end of the day, our job is about telling stories. If this tool helps me do it quicker, better and with less stress thats a good thing in my book. Roll on June...

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
Then when you do criticise him, you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

*the artist formally known as Jaymags*

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]