APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.
on Jan 23, 2012 at 6:33:10 pm

[Christian Schumacher] "Does MacBook Pro battery ring a bell? And did you say MacPro? Isn't it what was unnecessary here in the first place?"

Yes. MBP battery rings a bell. That came after the exploding battery situation. I had two of those things expand beyond their usefulness (I have pictures) for my old user replaceable laptop. If this battery works better, and I can't replace it myself, then great. I hope it does work better so that it doesn't need replacing, but that's just me.

Yes, MacPro does not have a proprietary hard drive temp sensor. That's true today.

My view is that Apple does this for a reason that is not conspiratorial. It might not be the most user friendly, but I don't think there's a mad conspiracy to hide the hard drive and battery of certain units. It's just they way they work, and Apple has had this ethos for a long time. The high capacity bigger hard drives turn in to a furnace, and if Apple needs that senor to protect their design, then I guess that's they way it is, same with the MBP battery. I am sure there's "good" or logical reasons from an engineering standpoint.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]