APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.
on Jan 23, 2012 at 5:54:34 pm

[Dave Helmly] "just a quick note to say thanks for posting the link. "

:) That's funny, I'd like to thank YOU for posting the link, which really means thanks for putting together the demo.

[Dave Helmly] "I should mention for our Mac Users, that I ran the same test on Macbook Air using 10.7 and it kicked @ss. I edit a lot on both platforms and both sides should be impressed. "

Great to know. I wasn't hung up in the OS as the computer you used allowed me to work with either Mac or Windows in the same configuration. Not too shabby! If this works in an OSX environment as well, I'm all for it as I will probably try and stick with OSX, as long as I can still get the job done with it.

[Dave Helmly] "I should mention that getting the stuff to run on windows TB requires Windows drivers for each device (same as mac) so you can't simply connect a TB device and have it work (with the exception of the Apple TB 27" display) . "

That makes sense, as it really is PCIe just sitting outside of the computer. All/most PCIe cards require drivers.

[Dave Helmly] "I refer to this as THUNDER WARS"

Mind if we steal that?

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]