APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Helmly
Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.
on Jan 23, 2012 at 6:32:10 am

Jeremy,

just a quick note to say thanks for posting the link. It seems most people get the basic idea that I was trying to draw attention to Thunderbolt in general and the possibilities it brings for editors. I should mention for our Mac Users, that I ran the same test on Macbook Air using 10.7 and it kicked @ss. I edit a lot on both platforms and both sides should be impressed.

The purpose was not to compare either OS which the cow users seem to get (other forums are hung on the fact I used Windows ) but to show multiple devices in a chain. Running windows just opens the user base even more to show TB vendors that we need more devices. I should mention that getting the stuff to run on windows TB requires Windows drivers for each device (same as mac) so you can't simply connect a TB device and have it work (with the exception of the Apple TB 27" display) .

Another thing for the Cow users to note is that each type of computer has different limitations to how many TB devices can be connected and in what order. I refer to this as THUNDER WARS and you'll know what I mean once lots of devices start showing up and people try to get everything running perfectly. I've got a ton of various early beta TB devices in the lab and it can be challenging at times understanding why things work and don't work - not a lot of notes on it yet. I think we're writing it as we go along;) I think all this will work out over time. Both Intel and RED have been very supportive of the things we are working on - stay tuned.

Anyone heading to NAB might stop by our booth, I'll try and have this or a similar demo setup for people to check out. The realtime scrubbing and playback has to be experienced to be believed. As true geek myself, it takes a lot to get my jaw to drop and this did it pretty quick.

thanks

DKH

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]