APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ben Holmes
Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??
on Apr 13, 2011 at 11:55:24 am

Thank you for that reasoned, first hand view. A lot of hysterical nonsense will be posted here until Apple clears up some stuff, but do we really think they're abandoning the pro ecosystem (plugins, hardware etc) - no, but of course it'll need a few months (I'm betting 6) for most things to run properly. That's cool - I've waited years for a proper update, and last time I checked FCP7 still works.

I think it's also significant they stated at the top this works with Snow Leopard - this means most drivers etc should be easy to port. It also means we probably haven't seen an end to QT gamma issues yet - but Lion / QTX pro isn't far off. Smart move - we probably go through more pain in an OS update than anything else...

And seriously? The OP wants to go to Avid because they just spent 10k on software and it now costs less? 1) Grow up. Try asking a Final Touch user about this and 2) This price is likely for FCP ONLY. Not the rest of the suite. Anyway - if you want to spend another 10k on Avid licenses, be my guest. Oh - make sure you spend 100k on Nitris DX breakouts to make it fly, or spend another 2 years wondering when Avid will allow you to use your Kona cards with MC (so they can shut down their hardware business for good and try to compete with Apple on software prices). Good luck with that.

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/casestudies/detail.asp?case=therydercup

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]