APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.
on Jan 20, 2012 at 7:05:06 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Hmm. I thought the new sandy/ivy Bridge Over River Kwai (or whatever) desktop chips are the only desktop class TBolt procs. I understand i7s are in some pc desktops, but I'm talking the bigger, more robust, power crunch egg fryers.

If there's a 1 year apple exclusive, it must be over soon. It's going to be fun!"

You could be right. I haven't paid super close attention to it. I know that there is ThB controller chip that has to be on the MoBo itself which is why, AFAIK, ThB can't be added via a PCIe card to an existing machine. From what I've read I thought the lack of ThB in towers was just because Apple didn't want to release new MP's until they could put the new intel chips in them (which have been delayed). There could certainly be a tech reason behind it as well. I guess in the end it doesn't matter as Apple is holding off on new MPs until the new intel CPUs are out.

The one year of exclusivity has ended and some PC makers are saying they'll have ThB machines out by spring. Since it's an intel pioneered tech I think it will have a much broader adoption rate than FW.

2.9 GHz 8-core (4,1), FCP 7.0.3, 10.6.6
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (7.9.5)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]