APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Virgil Weinstock
Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.
on Jan 20, 2012 at 6:50:28 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Is was a bit premature, but HP was thinking about spinning off their desktop line last year."

The guy who said that was almost immediately fired. For other reasons, yes, but the timing couldn't possibly have been coincidental.

The new CEO immediately said, "We'll evaluate," which is code for "I'm sure he was on crack, but I should probably learn my secretary's name and where the bathrooms are first," and took a couple of weeks to say, "Yep, he was on crack. We're a computer company. We make computers."

Not to say that it will never happen, but "HP" may or may not have been thinking about going strictly cloud, but HP put a bullet in the head of the guy who actually said it out loud. The moral of the story is that HP is NOT thinking about it any time soon. The new boss is NOT the same as the old boss.

I guarantee that Apple will drop Mac Pros before HP drops workstations...and I'm not thinking Apple is in a hurry to drop Mac Pros...

So if you're going to say that "HP thought about it," you have to add, "...and then immediately double-tapped the guy behind the ear."

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]