APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Pretty amazing Thunderbolt demo.
on Jan 20, 2012 at 4:32:41 pm

[Frank Gothmann] "The box can only acomodate cards that draw a max of 150 Watts (the smaller enclosure only 80, same for the MSI). Most GPUs draw more than that. A Quadro 4000, according to spec, draws 142, that's too close for compfort if it spikes. A current Radeon HD 7970 peaks at over 270 w. "

Ah. That can be fixed with more powerful electronics. Not too worried about that. This is just a start.

[Frank Gothmann] "What I am saying is that I'd like to see a broad range of IO options based on real world usage. There is USB2, FW800 and TB in Apple's future. Why can't we have USB3, eSata, FW800, TB, hdmi and whatever is actually out there. Apple's concept of pushing a certain technology by eliminating or keeping out others has not worked in the past, why is it always the same story all over again where people end up on an island having to buy adapters that introduce more issues (eg display port) and cost."

it's the way Apple has worked for a long time, so I guess it's not surprising to me. Yes, thunderbolt might require an adapter, but you buy what you need and don't buy what you don't. It's very flexible.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]