APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary Askham
Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??
on Apr 13, 2011 at 8:29:16 am

I'm the head of technical at a small post facility in London. We have about 10 Mac Pro's running FCP 7 and a 64TB Xsan. We also have half a dozen Avid's (Mojo's & a Nitris) running on a small Unity and we integrate heavily with our 4 or 5 ProTools suites..

This announcement has me slightly worried. If everything we have seen are additions to FCP then great. Onwards and upwards. But what concerns me is that have done something similar to QuickTime X - added some needed functionality while sacrificing a lot of the lesser used but vital components of the application.

What about AJA/Blackmagic support?
What happens to the thousands of pounds of filters and plugins we have?
Can I still export an OMFI for ProTools?
Why no word on the other Studio apps? Are they going to be sold separately (possibly not a terrible thing)?
Is it going to easy for 3rd party developers to create plugins (to fix it's shortcomings)?

If Mac allows you to have FCP 7 and FCP X on the same system (like QuickTime) will there be a simple way to send a sequence from one to the other? If so we might find a situation where we do the "edit" on FCP X and then send the sequence to FCP 7 for finishing.

I actually like the look of the new version and the new features probably are "awesome". I'll probably love using it for my own self-contained projects but I'm just a little worried how it's going to work in our world of having to integrate with external factors.

------------------------
FCP and Avid Technical Support
Air Post Production
Shoreditch - London

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]