APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Sadwelkar
Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??
on Apr 13, 2011 at 8:22:47 am

Selling it on the App store for $299 will ensure that everyone who uses it will have to buy it. If people in the business of post are worried that the next guy can compete with them with a software that costs 'only' $1000, or $299, think how it must feel to be competed against by people who don't even buy the software. This may come as a shock to many, in the civilized world but...

That's how it is in many parts of the world. Even companies considering themselves international and touting new phrases like 'world-sourcing', with offices in Hollywood, use as many as 20-odd FCP licences without buying even one. How long is Apple going to take a hit on this. $299 may sound small, but it's 300 times as much as many large post houses are currently paying for FCP.

Ultimately the value of a siftware or system is what the system that sits between the keyboard and the chair does with it. Ever lower costs of acquiring editing-finishing systems will, in the long run, serve to raise the value of the human in front of it.

Finally, I think Mark Raudonis' two metaphors on the new FCP during the editor's discussion were very apt.
One was, "Skate to where the pick is" and the other from Henry Ford "if I ask people what they want they'll tell me to make a faster horse"

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]