APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Helge Løken
Re: Final Cut Pro X Pro Users Only??
on Apr 13, 2011 at 7:45:27 am

As many of the previous posters have mentioned, there is still a lot of questions to be answered. However, from what we saw I think it's a clear shift from Apple towards democratizing editing even further which means a simplification of the application which may or may not be a "dumbing down" of FCP. I believe that Apple sees a bigger potential with the millions of people who've just purchased a mac, have got iMovie and has a DSLR camera that shoots video.

Sure, they're not going to abandon the pro-market but I don't think they'll focus on features that make our life easier if it makes the application harder to use for those with limited editing experience. Therefor this will probably be a great application for consumers, semi-pros and those pros that work in a "closed loop", doing everything themselves and outputting to the web. I believe for broadcast and others who work in a shared environment it may not be the product of choice in a year from now. The killing punch for me is the iMovie / iPhoto style browser which stores everything in its own hierarchical folder structure. And as someone who works in a facility where audio output routing is important for archival, versioning and repurposing I wouldn't know how to achieve that when there's no audio tracks and the tracks jump up and down to help you keep everything in sync and not inadvertently ripple anything.

Don't get me wrong, I think Apple has shown an amazing application that will potentially increase their sales 10-fold. But, I think for most pro users it's going to be a problem fitting it into the workflow.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]