APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: So what happens to our hardware...?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

olof ekbergh
Re: So what happens to our hardware...?
on Nov 23, 2011 at 2:17:09 am

I think Apple is just making the next step in the evolution of computers.

The Towers are a thing of the past. There really is no need for them any more.

To me it makes sense to make smaller enclosures and for those that need expansion do that using Thunderbolt or Esata or whatever is next.

If Apple can produce a smaller lower wattage unit that can deliver the power most of us need, it is a good thing.

I have no inside information, this is just my guess. My MBP runs circles around my $12,000.00 9600 Mac with a $30.000.00 video card and a $10,000.00 SCSI raid 4GB I think of mid 90's vintage. I still have parts of this system running in a PowerMac, and a couple energy hogging pro CRT monitors.

My point is things are getting smaller cheaper and much more powerful. I still have 2 MP's with AJA cards and another with a Matrox MX02. But I bet my next new system will be some form of MacMiniPro or whatever with Thunderbolt IO and Thunderbolt RAIDS possible SST's using very little power.

And I also will bet that HP etc. will copy these new computers as well. These are exiting times. And sometimes progress can be scary. But just look at how much smaller less expensive and capable the new technology is.

To think that computers will always keep the same form factor is silly I think. I still remember when CPU's took up whole rooms.

Olof Ekbergh

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]