APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: A new poll

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: A new poll
on Nov 21, 2011 at 4:22:03 am

[Craig Seeman] "Seems Mac computer sales keep climbing while the rest of the industry stagnates or declines"

Internationally? I would love to see some accurate figures on that. I would bet that India and Asia would be the opposite. Overpriced in my geography means Mac & GPU is twice the price for the same power/ performance.

[Craig Seeman] "Sometimes tight and targeted OS and hardware integration has its feature and performance benefits . . . at the cost of a dependancy."

The fact that CS5, Autodesk and daVinci were able to get better performance on a Mac than Apple's software tends to make this argument a non starter. FCPX is comparable perhaps but ignoring CUDA and preferring ATI cards is a limitation, perhaps a good example of the dependency problem you have correctly identified. The recent discussions of the possible demise of the tower config is yet another example, even though you like the potential alternatives more than I do.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]