APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: A new poll

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert Brown
Re: A new poll
on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:20:37 pm

I think there is no question the reason this forum gets the traffic it does is because they killed the old FCP. I think it has to do with the number of FCP users and the fact that Apple broke a major assumption in the software industry that new versions will be improvements but more or less the same thing as the old ones.

I personally have no problem with X and if people like it and use it fine but as far as professional editing is concerned - i.e. you make a living doing it - I hope this signals the end of the reliance on Apple software because there are a lot of companies who provide equipment and software for film/video that mostly follow a set of unwritten rules, and you can't have companies that have huge influence that just choose to randomly re-write those rules one day or feel they don't apply to them. People's livelihoods depend on having some idea what is going to happen based on what has happened on the past.

Robert Brown
Editor/VFX/Colorist - FCP, Smoke, Quantel Pablo, After Effects, 3DS MAX, Premiere Pro

http://vimeo.com/user3987510/videos

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]