APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Speed, stability concerns and learning curve

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Speed, stability concerns and learning curve
on Nov 17, 2011 at 6:01:04 pm

Olly.

One other thing to be wary of is that FCP-X "looks for" a graphic environment where Open CL is available.

That's typically a relatively modern graphics card.

If either your desktop or laptop don't meet that standard, the X download will toss up an "incompatible" notice and stop things.

Since you've been clearly comfortable on older, stable systems rather than someone who pursues a "constant update" strategy, I'd check that the machines you're interested in operating on will accommodate X.

As to the learning curve, in my experience it depends on how you "take to" change. The people I've seen who have the biggest problem migrating to X are those who can't readily "unlearn" habits from FCP Legacy to adopt the new processes in X. You have to be willing to jettison the way you once looked at things - in order to fully embrace the way things work in X. If you can do that, you can start to learn and enjoy X's new approach to editing.

Simple as that.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]