APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: The world is a tough crowd right now.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: The world is a tough crowd right now.
on Nov 4, 2011 at 6:15:30 am

[Bill Davis] "So here in the X forum, Maybe part of the angst of these past few months just reflects the general Craig's Listification" of all expectations everywhere. If someone isn't willing to provide perfectly professional EVERYTHING - as close to FREE as possible (dude, work on my project with all your expensive gear and I'll give you a credit at the end where nobody will ever see it. Deal?) then I have the right to bitch incessently on-line about it."

The great thing about the internet is that everyone has a voice. The bad thing about the internet is that everyone has a voice. ;)

Was a main complaint about FCP 10 that it was too cheap? From my experience the most vocal segment that's not pleased w/FCP 10 are the exact opposite of the "I want everything for $50" crowd. They are people that want a good steak, are willing to pay to get a good steak, and were disappointed when they were served a cheese burger instead. That's much different than the crowd that wants a good steak but expects it to cost the same as a cheese burger.

On a more broad note, I think the excuse of not having access to good enough gear is tired and played out. DV gave people access to 'good enough' gear at accessible prices a decade ago. I think a lot of people want to say they are filmmakers but they don't actually have any desire to make a film.

-Andrew

3.2GHz 8-core, FCP 6.0.4, 10.5.5
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (6.8.1)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]