APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple's Mac business plan

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Connor
Re: Apple's Mac business plan
on Nov 2, 2011 at 9:08:12 pm

[Jerry Hofmann] "No doubt there are people that could use FCP X right now. If your delivery is the web, it's a no brainer good choice. If your delivery is anything else, it's questionable... can't view externally.

If you can't view externally for proper color correction, and you can't lay out to tape, and the xml isn't supported by all yet, and there's no way to output a cut list, EDL, or output separate tracks, (though I think that roles are the beginning of this ability), then it's not ready for a lot of people's needs. Most of the national networks still required color corrected broadcast safe tapes. You can't trust a computer display's rendition of the picture. Just doesn't match what that same file would look like on a TV set.

There's a lot to love with FCP X. I'm using it, and I really like it. I'm convinced it edits a lot faster than FCP 7 does, and it logs a TON easier. But I can only use it because I can use Phil Hodgett's X27 software to finish a project back in FCS 2009. As of now, I offline in X, online in 7/Color 1.5/Motion 4. Though I'm looking close at biting the bullet, and running with Smoke. (not for the feint of heart I should add, as it's pricey)"

True, but if you grade in DaVinci then you can at least have a monitor output at the grading stage, which is exactly when you need it. It's not a full solution, but it's a start.

How is X27 working out for you?

"My Name is Steve and I'm an FCPX user"

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]