APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: X Sports

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

alban egger
Re: X Sports
on Oct 25, 2011 at 6:10:41 pm

Hey Tony,
I am a sports-producer myself and totally agree. It is so much advanced to FCP7 it is not even funny and it will be perfect in the sportsworld or any world that needs fast turnarounds.

I have to disagree that the editors "loved" FCP7 in their trucks. FCP was in there because it was much cheaper than AVID. I have been around them and they all (like me) always found FCP to be a lame duck, but the cost-speed relation made it the choice of producers. After all the editors made it happen always.....nobody asked if another App would have been faster/easier, especially if that other App demanded higher costs in personal and hardware.

Without external connections FCPX is useless; I have one box equipped with FCP7 and Matrox┬┤ gear just for Live output and Live recording. Once AJA/BlackMagic/Matrox comes out with a HD-SDI solution there will be tons of sales for them and FCPX. I am wondering if they right now talk to each other to come out simulatanuos, because whoever is second is losing big time in that market.

As you say, 3rd party will evolve FCPX. Not Apple. And I am OK with that. Some will need OMF out, some will need live-connectors......the modular set-up of FCPX will allow us to build the boxes that work for our workflow.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]