APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Final Cut News Editor 1???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Roth Weiss
Final Cut News Editor 1???
on Oct 23, 2011 at 10:11:19 pm

[Neil Patience] "I was a bit surprised to see you are in there already running FCPX this early in it development in that particular environment, not doubting you for one moment though, you are clearly braver than we are.
"

You know Neil, I'm frankly not surprised, and I also think that Tony may have hit upon upon something here, in the sense that FCPX might make a terrific "news editor." In fact, I'm wondering if it shouldn't have been called Final Cut News Editor 1.

The bottom line is, in a fast-paced environment like Tony's, or in a newsroom, speed really is a huge part of the job. Ingesting quickly, chucking clips and highlights into pre-designated holes or drop zones, and spitting the work out ASAP, is just what the doctor ordered. So, it doesn't seem that odd to me that long-term testing before jumping on X in a situation like this isn't perhaps quite as necessary as it might be if your app has to be more "fully integrated" into a complete production environment.

And, since building reusable graphics packages and templates is also a big part of that job, maybe that's why the new Motion was designed primarily as a template builder for use inside X.

So, maybe X really is best considered as app for short form, news, and sports?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new Creative Cow Podcast: Bringing "The Whale" to the Big Screen:
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/Podcast-Series-2-MikeParfit...

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]