APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: X Sports

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Patience
Re: X Sports
on Oct 23, 2011 at 9:31:04 pm

Hi Tony

From hanging around the Cow for a while I certainly get the impression that FCP has a much larger following in the US compared to the UK in broadcast TV station environments. So its not that surprising that some US broadcasters are already testing the water with X.

My post was of course in the context of what I find working in the UK.

That's not to say we don't use FCP7 in broadcast here, we do and very successfully, it just Avid is the majority player in that particular area.

In my experience broadcasters especially are wary about jumping in with any new software, Avid, FCP or whatever really due to the potential of bugs causing failure.
They tend to run test rigs and let a few releases pass under the bridge before adopting it at all.
Despite increasing tapeless workflows the whole infrastructure is built around SDI video, monitors, scopes, video distribution etc etc with a fair amount of tape compatibility still needed especially on the archive side.

So I was a bit surprised to see you are in there already running FCPX this early in it development in that particular environment, not doubting you for one moment though, you are clearly braver than we are.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]