APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

X Sports

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

tony west
X Sports
on Oct 23, 2011 at 4:13:50 pm

Just wanted to add a different perspective that I have not seen represented here. Major League Sports.

I'm a freelancer that started off in network news but most of my work these days comes from doing NFL, MLB, Hockey and the rest.

I can tell you first hand that when you see the opens that were built in the remote trucks, that stuff is all FCP or EVS (a system we use for replays)

FCP has long been the standard in sports.

The first time I saw a mac pro it was at an NFL game. I had not long owned my G5 and thought that the guy had one in the truck. He told me in a snarky way "that's a mac pro, they
don't make the g5 anymore"

And if you have been watching the post season baseball this year..........yes FCP X

To keep it real, some guys hated it at first. They loved their 7 but after they started to work with X and
began to see what it could do, things have changed.

I knew when I first started working with X it would take over certain markets.
One I figured would be sports. There are many reason but the speed and the way you can call any player up by name I knew would be key. No time wasted looking for a certain player making a certain play for the open. Just type it in.

If you are not into sports that's cool, but sports is big money, and it brings in big viewers.

We have some of the best editors in the country.

They don't have to use X for the World Series, they could still use 7 if they wanted.

You wouldn't know the difference when you watched.

That's the thing, when you watch something on TV, most of the time you have no idea what they cut it on (unless they use a generic bkgd or trans). All that matters at the end of the day is what it looks like on air.

When you watch the open and you say "dang that looks good"..........THAT'S PRO and that's all that matters when they are paying you, is can you get what they want on that screen.
They don't want to be bothered with how you got it up there, they just want it up there.

You can work on Avid, FCP or whatever but if you f-up the sound you won't be working the next event.

Some wonder if X will be around in the future. When everyone is sitting around the
TV watching it on the Super Bowl, I kind of think it will be.

BTW, I have really enjoyed reading the post form folks. I had never posted before, just read : )

Tony West
Videographer Editor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]